I have been an Ofsted Registered Childminder since 2001; my first assignment being 8 week old twins - after that anything's possible!
In the past I have cared for children with severe disabilities, such as VISUAL impairement, HEARING impairement and Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Since being registered I have taken on many roles and responsibilities within the London Borough of Bexley, such as:
- Managed a toddler playgroup.
- Been a member of the Bexley Childminding Committee, where my role was as a PR and Marketing Consultant. I wrote and published a quarterly newspaper that was distributed to all childminders within the borough and also to the National Childminding Association (NCMA) and Ofsted.
- I was approached by Professional Childcare Magazine to be in the feature cover for their launch of the magazine and appeared on the front cover as well as a 4 page spread inside, talking about caring for twins. As well as this, for a while I was asked by the magazine's editor to act as an 'agony aunt' in the Q&A section for a short while; answering common childminding and childcare queries.
- Until funds became unavailable, I was employed by Bexley Council as a Mentor to new childminders within their first year of becoming registered, alongwith 11 others of the same calibre.
- When the Bexley Childminding Network was first created, I was approached by the local authority to become an Accredited Network Childminder. I have now resigned from this group, due to family commitment.
Before becoming a Childminder I worked in the City for an Investment Bank. My role was a PR and Marketing Assistant to the Managing Director of Sales & Marketing. As well as designing corporate literature and organising client entertainment, I was also Supervisor to all the secretaries within the Custody side of the company. I enjoyed this job immensely, but after having my own children could not return part-time, as it was a very busy role.
My husband is a self-employed chauffeur, driving celebrities and top company management.